Jamz


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

Monday, September 21, 2009

Saddest Weekend Sat 9-19-09

This was the saddest weekend I have had in a very long time. I have a 2 1/2 yr old cat named Nala. She is really my daughters, I got her when she was in high school. Well I never really wanted to get a pet but she talked me in to it. My daughter has now been gone away to college going on her 2nd yr now and I felt guilty because I don't play with her like pet owners should and she is home all day by herself. I decided to try and find her a home with people who could give her the attention and love she deserves. Unfortunatly I couldn't so I called the local animal humane society and asked their procedures on animal intake. I was told they work very hard to place the pets they have there and they even team up with local rescue groups and only put to sleep ones that can't be adopted out or who require alot of special needs. I was also given the choice to leave my phone number incase they can't find her a home and I can't get her back before they would put her to sleep ( which I gladly did). The thought of that happening makes my heart sink. I just want her to find a loving family that can play with her and give her all the attention she needs but it tore me up inside so much I cried and cried.

After I dropped her off I went to the auto service center for my regular scheduled maintence. I was still crying. I could barely even get my words out to go over what I was there to get. I told the worker where I had just left and how I had to give my kitty away and he came from across the counter and gave me a big hug. That was so nice of him. I sat in the waiting area still in tears and even drove home still crying. I swear I almost turned around to go get her. Maybe I should have..but I have to give her the chance for a better life. I promise if they call me and is unable to find her a family..I will take her back with open arms and know it was just meant to be for me to have her. I miss you and love you so much Nala!! May God watch over you and keep you safe. Pictures of her will be added shortly.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for dropping by, & I couldn't imagine taking my pepper to the shelter I have had him since 1992 so I know your pain my husband HATES cats & my baby is old & his lil joints hurt him sometimes well all the time :) my husband says put him to sleep, but I say don't he have the right to live out his old age & die in HIS own time. Before I go welcome to the SL family & I hope you enjoy yours as much as I do.

    ReplyDelete